Date: 26th May 2023
Google software update improves/corrects the following functions of the PVS-9INCH-MK3
- Bluetooth Stability
- Wireless CarPlay/Android Auto
- Touch Screen
- Black Screen Issue
- Play Store Glitches
PVS-9INCH-MK3 software update instructions
- Download (update.zip and hmcu.img)
- You will need a blank USB stick to complete this Software Update. The USB stick can not contain any other files and should be formatted in FAT32 format.
- Copy and paste (update.zip and hmcu.img) on to your formatted USB device
- Safely remove USB from your computer once everything has finished copying.
- Turn the head unit on
- Insert USB stick into the head unit’s CARPLAY USB port.
- Wait a few moments for the update window to popup.
- Make sure you don’t select “Wipe data and format flash!”
WARNING: You will lose any data or apps previously installed onto the headunit if you select Wipe Data and Format Flash!
- Press Install and let the system reboot. Don't turn off the vehicle and make sure you have enough battery voltage for 5-10 minutes.
- Once the update is complete the head unit will reboot and ask you to install the update again. Press cancel.
- Next we need to perform the MCU update. Click Settings.
- Scroll down and Click System.
- Click MCU Update.
- Click Install.
- Headunit will reboot, the buttons will flash and the update will commence.
- Headunit will turn on and ask to update software again. Press cancel and remove USB.
- FINAL STEP TO APPLY THE UPDATE: Disconnect battery for 10 seconds and reconnect.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT CONFIDENT IN UPDATING YOUR HEADUNIT, PLEASE RETURN TO US TO COMPLETE THE UPDATE FOR YOU FREE OF CHARGE. WE DO NOT COVER THE SHIPPING COSTS. WE WILL NOT BE HELD LIABLE IF YOU INCORRECTLY UPDATE THE SYSTEM AND DAMAGE THE HEADUNIT.