As compared to Android Auto & Apple CarPlay, Android Automotive is a full operating system that can power the entire experience when driving. It’s installed on the head unit available in the cabin, so it’s in charge of everything from the moment you turn on the engine to the one when you leave the car.
So for the infotainment system in your car, Android Automotive is pretty much what Windows is for a PC. Needless to say, by offering Android at OS level, Google can provide drivers with more advanced capabilities, some of which wouldn’t be possible without such a deep integration into the system.
So the first difference between the two is the way they are powered. While Android Auto & Apple CarPlay requires a phone to come to be, Android Automotive runs directly on the head unit without the need for a cable or anything else.
Android Auto & Apple CarPlay offers easy access to apps like Google Maps, Waze, Spotify, and phone calls, but so does Android Automotive.
In fact, the biggest benefit of Android Automotive running natively on a head unit is that it offers deeper integration with Google services. So while Android Auto & Apple CarPlay can only control applications running on the phone, such as navigation or playing music, Android Automotive also has access to car functions, like the battery system and ECU.
So overall, given it’s the operating system that powers the infotainment unit, Android Automotive can offer much more advanced capabilities, whereas Android Auto & Apple CarPlay is limited to just mirroring the mobile screen on the larger display inside the cabin.
WHY CHOOSE PVS AUTOMOTIVE?
- Australian Tested & Certified
- Full Public Liability
- All Headunits Are Manufactured by PVS Automotive
- Securely Packaged To Ensure Headunit Is Not Damaged During Delivery
- Perfect OEM Fitment
- Australian Stock
- 36 Months Warranty
- Installation requires a 10mm socket to disconnect the battery, Phillips screwdriver to remove the mirror, and all wiring is completely plug n play.
- 12" Integrated WXGA Hi-Res Touch-Screen Display 1280x720p
- Android Automotive OS
- Dual 1080p Cameras
- Built-in Bluetooth
- Built-in FM Transmitter
- ADAS - Advanced Driver Assistance System
- Forward Collision Warning System
- Lane Departure Warning
- Smartphone APP with Tracking and Live Video Feed with Playback
- Micro SD Card Required (Supports up to 128GB) (Not Included)
- Toyota 76 Series LandCruiser Wagon (2008-2023)
- Toyota 78 Series LandCruiser Troop Carrier (2008-2023)
- Toyota 79 Series LandCruiser Dual Cab Ute (2008-2023)
- Toyota 79 Series LandCruiser Single Cab Ute (2008-2023)
- LHD & RHD Vehicles
PLEASE NOTE: This will not fit the 2023 model with collision sensor on windscreen
WHAT'S IN THE BOX?
- 1x 12" Rear View Mirror
- 1x Rear Camera
- 1x Plug n Play Wiring Harness
- 1x GPS Antenna
- 1x Mount
BE SURE TO DISCONNECT THE BATTERY BEFORE WORKING ON ANY ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS WITHIN YOUR VEHICLE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES TO YOU OR YOUR VEHICLE WHICH MAY OCCUR AS A RESULT OF NOT BEING CAREFUL WHILST DISASSEMBLING AND REASSEMBLING.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.